October 01, 2002
- A government big enough to supply you with everything you need is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.... The course of history shows that as the government grows, liberty decreases. - Thomas Jefferson
- I call my philosophy and approach compassionate conservatism. It is compassionate to actively help our fellow citizens in need. It is conservative to insist on responsibility and results. And with this hopeful approach, we will make a real difference in people's lives. - George W. Bush
- With all of the Anonymous groups we have for dealing with human imperfection, why is it we haven't organized to combat the most dangerous, expensive, and self-destructive habit of all: wasting time? You can do all those other nasty things and still make a decent living. But if you blow off your nine to fives on useless, time-consuming behavior, you will fail - Harvey Mack ay - "Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive"
- Children long to know that they are lovable. And there are ways that technology can help with that. But ultimately it's their relationships with their parents, their grandparents, their peers, and their teachers that help them to know that for sure. A child can learn the word "hug" and the letters h-u-g through a computer, but a computer can never give the child a hug. - Fred "Mister" Rogers
- The manager-leader of the future should combine in one personality the robust, realistic quality of the man of action with the insight of the artist, the religious leader, the poet, who explains man to himself. The man of action alone or the man of contemplation alone will not be enough; these two qualities together are required. - David Lilienthal
- A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. - US Constitution
- It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt
- I have no permanent enemies - only people I have yet to persuade. - Richard Lamm
- A consultant is a man who knows fifty different ways to make love, but doesn't know any women. - Anonymous
- Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
- We are going to have peace, even if we have to fight for it. - Dwight David Eisenhower
- Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate - Anonymous
- A goal is a dream with a deadline. - Anonymous
- The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them. - Lenny Bruce
- A liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet. - Frank Rizzo
- In America, the young are always ready to give those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience. - Oscar Wilde
- It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves. - La Rochefoucauld
- If you are sure you understand everything that is going on, you are hopelessly confused. - Walter Mondale
- Golf is a good walk spoiled. - Mark Twain
- To be a leader of men one must turn one's back on men. - Havelock Ellis
- If you haven't got something good to say about anyone, come and sit by me. - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
- Just because it's common sense, doesn't mean it's common practice. - Will Rogers
- It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and to talk by the hour. - Thomas Jefferson
- Time is what the clock says. - Albert Einstein
- Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
- Speak softly but carry a big stick - Theodore Roosevelt
- Liberals are constantly wrong. In fact, that's how you rise to the top in liberalism, by being wrong. If you are wrong, and if you are consistently wrong, it's even better. You're really one of them if you're really wrong all the time. Look at Jimmy Carter. - Rush Limbaugh
Posted in Quotes
by usrbingeek at 2002-10-01 12:24 ET (GMT-5) | 0 Comments | Permalink
This web site is provided "as is" with no representations or warranties, and confer no rights. We are not liable for omissions or typographical errors contained in the content. Use at your sole risk.
The opinions expressed here do not necessarily represent any other entity or party we may have a connection or affiliation with.
usrbingeek, usr bin geek, usrbingeek.com, #!/usr/bin/geek are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.