I've kept forgetting to post my waffle recipe despite Katrina's constant reminders. Tonight I finally remembered, just before I was about to go to bed.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons fine corn meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (maybe reduced or omitted)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- Butter flavored nonstick canola oil spray
- Confectioners' sugar
- Grade A Dark Amber Vermont Maple Syrup
- Whipped cream, recipe follows
Preheat a waffle iron.
In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk, milk, eggs, and melted butter. Mix together just until combined (DON'T OVER MIX THE BATTER!) The batter should look slightly lumpy.
Spray the waffle iron with a nonstick canola oil spray. Pour 1/2 cup of the batter or the amount recommended by the waffle-iron maker onto the waffle iron; bake as directed by the manufacturer.
Dust finished waffles with confectioners' sugar and top with maple syrup, whipped cream, or ice cream, if desired. Serve immediately, hot off the griddle.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Tahitian Vanilla Extract)
Whipped Cream: In a chilled bowl, whip the cream until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and Vanilla. Whip to soft, fluffy peaks, about 2 minutes.
Posted in Recipes
by usrbingeek at 2002-12-07 01:46 ET (GMT-5) | 0 Comments | Permalink