Comments and professional debate are welcome however #!/usr/bin/geek has adopted the following Comment Policy:
- Anonymous cowards are not welcome! (Want to be an idiot or a troll? Go back to Slashdot or Digg.)
- No comments with fake or missing emails addresses. (Your email does not get posted on the site and we won't spam you or ever sell or share it with anyone.)
- No potentially libelous comments. (Be prepared to backup what you write.)
- No obscene or racist comments. (Zero tolerance for hate speech.)
- No personal attacks, insults, or threatening language. (Debate the issues not the personalities.)
- Do not post private or personal information. (Everything you submit, but your email address, is posted publicly.)
- No comments totally unrelated to the topic of the post. (If you want to write about something else, start your own blog.)
- No commercial promotions or spam. (#!/usr/bin/geek is for non-commercial use only.)
- Do not plagiarize any material. (If you didn't write it or create it, you must have permission to republish it.)
- Absolutely no URLs or spam. (No web site links or addresses, no blog links, no picture links, no affiliate links, no URLs of any kind! We adopted this zero tolerance policy on URLs because removing comment spam is too much of a time sink.)
Violation of this policy may mean any of the following:
- Comments may be removed or edited.
- You may be blocked from commenting in the future.
- We may contact your Internet Service Provider or report you to the proper authorities.
- We may draw attention to your silliness and make fun of you publicly.
By posting a comment you agree to indemnify #!/usr/bin/geek or any other entity or person(s) associated with the administration, production, and publication of #!/usr/bin/geek from and against all liabilities, judgments, damages, and costs (including attorney's fees) incurred by any of them which arise out of or are related to the content that you post. Comments are intended only for the personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for commercial purposes or for any organized political activity.
#!/usr/bin/geek reserves the right to monitor content posted on the Service, and to modify or remove any messages or postings that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be abusive, obscene, defamatory, in violation of the copyright, trademark right, or other intellectual property right of any third party, or otherwise inappropriate for the Service. #!/usr/bin/geek also reserves the right to edit or modify any other submissions. All decisions are final. Notwithstanding the foregoing, #!/usr/bin/geek is not obligated to take any such actions, and will not be responsible or liable for content posted by any user in any comment, forum, chat, message board, or other area within the Service.
If you do not agree to these terms, do not use the Service as violation of the terms can lead to legal liability.